[Dixielandjazz] Booklist

fred spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Sat May 31 16:00:20 PDT 2003

  Dear DJML,
I am compiling a list of jazz reference books, i.e. books to which
someome would refer for information, excluding general, or limited,
histories of jazz, biographies, novels, journals, and discographies.
Feather's (and Gitler's) Encyclopedias of Jazz, Chilton's Who's Whos,
the Rough Guides, Clayton and Gammond's Guinness Jazz Companion, Gold's
Jazz Talk, Kinkle's
Complete Encyclopedia, Ecklund's Jazz West Coast, ASCAP Biographical
Dictionary, Kenningtron and Read's Literature of Jazz, Townley's Tell
Your Story, and, of course, The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz are
examples of the 40 volumes I have so far unearthed. I would be grateful
for suggestions anyone may have. With thanks.
Fred