[Dixielandjazz] The Dancing Tailor

Paigevan at cs.com Paigevan at cs.com
Wed May 7 12:17:26 PDT 2003

tailor was Scotty Piper. He had a shop on 47th St since at least the 1930s
and had provided uniforms for big bands back in the old days. He was one of
the few surviving institutions from the glory days of the South Side. I think
I''ve got a tape somewhere of an interview that ran on the radio some years
back and a copy of a newspaper article on him that I would be glad to xerox
for anyone who asks for one offline.