[Dixielandjazz] Composer please. Repeat

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Wed May 7 11:55:10 PDT 2003

Dear friends,
I have no luck with my composer request posted a few days ago.
I also tried the Jazz-Traditional-Swing-Mainstream list.
No reply.
Tried Google using all the word permutations I could think of.
Can someone point me in another direction?
I probably need to find someone with the record or CD.
Or perhaps one of you could post the request to the 78 list, or similar.
We urgently need the information for an upcoming CD by Bob Henderson, one of our
fine (but little known) Australian trumpet players.

Herewith the original message:

Dear friends,
I need the composer credit for "It's Hard To Be Good Without You"
Recorded by Louis Jordan for Aladdin (3295) in Jan-Feb 1954.
Reissued (so far as I can find) on Blue Note (Capitol) CD 5915 as 'One Guy Named
Louis - The Complete Aladdin Sessions".

Kind regards,
Bill.