[Dixielandjazz] Jack Teagarden and Joe Showler

Dick Sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Sun May 4 17:44:21 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janet" <janetshaw at sympatico.ca>
To: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au>
Cc: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 5:40 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Jack Teagarden and Joe Showler

> Joe Showler is a friend of mine and I was talking to him today.   You will
> be interested to learn that he has undertaken to write a book about Jack
> Teagarden.  There will be 27 chapters and he is up to #4 at present and Jack
> is just 15 years old in chapter 4!   He says he has been working on
> Teagarden for 40 years and Joe himself is now 60 years of age - he reckons
> if he does not do it now, it will never be done.  He believes it will take
> him a year to finish.  I know he will do a great job.

Another book on Big T? I can't wait to read it! One year? It took Mr. Showles 40 years only to get to chapter #4! I'm afraid I will not live to see it :-)

In the meantime I'll  reread the book "MEET ME WHERE THEY PLAY THE BLUES" by Heiner Mückenberger, published in 1986 by OREOS Verlag, Gauting-Buchendorf, Germany.

Dick Sleeman, Lelystad Holland.