[Dixielandjazz] Jack Teagarden and Joe Showler

Janet janetshaw at sympatico.ca
Sun May 4 00:40:30 PDT 2003

Hi Bill,
Joe Showler is a friend of mine and I was talking to him today.   You will
be interested to learn that he has undertaken to write a book about Jack
Teagarden.  There will be 27 chapters and he is up to #4 at present and Jack
is just 15 years old in chapter 4!   He says he has been working on
Teagarden for 40 years and Joe himself is now 60 years of age - he reckons
if he does not do it now, it will never be done.  He believes it will take
him a year to finish.  I know he will do a great job.

Regards,
Brian Towers

P.S. My computer has blown up and so I am using my wife's at present.  I
finally managed to get back on the DJML too!  I can be reached at this
address -   janetshaw at sympatico.ca