[Dixielandjazz] The NUN Gig

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Mon Jun 30 00:08:39 PDT 2003

Hi Steve,

Twice you said the party was "interesting." INTERESTING? No, no, no; this
party sounded -- for many of these ladies -- like "a defining moment" (to
quote Dr. Phil). "Interesting" is what my kids say when they don't want to
tell me what they REALLY think!!!

I love the way you went with the flow to fit the crowd:

> ... We started off with N.O. Tunes... the Sisters had put on a production of
Porgy & Bess as recreation 6 months ago. So we proceeded to do part of the
book for that show...

> ... Then back to Dixieland. Then after a break the guitarist said, hey Nuns
love "The Sound of Music," so we did part of that book...

> ... Then back to Dixieland... Learning that various countries were
represented, we started an International medly...

> ... Then Back to Dixieland ... It  ended with the Saints and all the Nuns in a
conga line, some with umbrellas, marching around the room.

Great bands, like great chefs, get creative with the original recipe.
Wunnerful-wunnerful! Wish I coulda been there. :)

Love and hugs,
Nancy