[Dixielandjazz] Fw: How to Kill Orchestras

Nickdragos at cs.com Nickdragos at cs.com
Sun Jun 29 17:10:06 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/29/03 1:08:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Nickdragos at cs.com writes:

<< Dear Tom,

 My wife works in a pre-school, and we recently arranged for Sacramento's
Black
 Tuesday Jazz Band to appear twice for the kids....you'd love to see them
 follow the band in a parade to "The Saints" and gather around the musicians
 afterwards, touching the tuba and wondering about the banjo {well, after
all....don't
 most of us?}.

 Good luck with this program of yours....

 And remember folks.....WE HAVE TO PROMOTE & PRESERVE THIS MUSIC
 OURSELVES...THE GOVERNMENT HAS OTHER THINGS ON ITS COLLECTIVE PLATE, AND
MOST PARENTS &
 TEACHERS ARE OBILIOUS TO OKOM

 Thanks for sharing your thoughts....
 Nick Dragos