[Dixielandjazz] Benko Dixieland Band

william crist mensa-1 at webtv.net
Sun Jun 29 13:16:02 PDT 2003

While going through a box of newly acquired dixielamd albums , I came
across an album entitled Blues by the Benko Dixieland Band..This album
was made in 1981 in Hungary. On this album
were Wild Bill Davison, George Probert and Fatty George.  The rest seem
to be Hungarian players.
A google search indicates as near as I can tell that this band is still
in existence.
Any listmates have any information on this band ?
I haven't been through the entire box (about 100 albums) but a few I
found were the Dukes of Dixieland with Louis Armstrong, Bob Scobey with
listmate Jim Beebe and a bunch of Dukes and the Firehouse 5..
I have close to 4500 albums and need to quit collecting but I keep
finding more that I just have to have.
I have over 1000 CDs but don't quite have the storage problem with them.
I wish they had come out earlier although I like the sound quality of
the LPs better.

Bill Crist