[Dixielandjazz] Math & Music

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Jun 28 17:25:30 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/28/03 12:42:11 PM, barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

<<
Probably not, they probably just winged it like the rest of us. However,
since the advent of the computer age, it is pretty much a given that
almost everything can be explained "mathematically".

Except why the Heck my wife of forty years has stayed around and put up with
me and my musical friends, I suppose mathematically speaking she is still
betting 40  1 that someday I might actually introduce her to Elvis.  :)

Perhaps all those genius musos thought in "binary" terms without ever
realizing it.

Very possible, Or even being able to spell it.

Hey, maybe that "Miles quote" is a mathematical certainty kind of thing.

The only mathematical quote I ever remember hearing Mile say was "I ain't
giving you the money back even if I did not play to your sold out house, you give
em their money back and tell to come again and maybe the next time Mr. Davis
will feel like performing, I am just not into it tonight."   Now mathematically
 that cost me in excess of $12,000.00 one night back in the early seventies.
;-)

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins