[Dixielandjazz] Harry Epp Bio

Harry Epp heppkat at juno.com
Sat Jun 28 18:14:56 PDT 2003

Hi All:
I was born 1-5-28 in Ohio. Got interested in Dixieland Jazz in 1949 after
hearing Gene Mayl'd Dixieland Rhythm Kings. I formed my own band the
"Muskat Ramblers"  soon after and have been a Full-Time musician since
1955.

I had a nice long stay at the Preview Lounge in Chicago, Followed Billy
Maxted at the Crest Lounge in Detroit and many clubs in Columbus among
them "Ciro's" where Lizzy Miles joined the band.
Took Clancy Hayes place as leader at Kenkles in Dayton OH.

I recorded my first album for Olympic Records of Saginaw MI.1958

Work slowed down and I had to eat so for about 15 years I worked piano
bars across the USA and Peurto Rico

In 1971 I moved to Ft Lauderdale and Joined Frank Hubble's band. formerly
known as the "Village Stompers"

Re- formed the Muskat ramblers and made two more albums 1983 and my first
CD in 1996.

I have slowed down and only do concerts with the Muskat Ramblers and work
as a side man with the "Riverside Jazz Band" and others.

If anyone wants any more information you can find a profile of me in the
Jan 1998 Mississippi Rag written By our own Will Connelly.

Respectfully
Harry Epp