[Dixielandjazz] Brief bios

Anton Crouch a.crouch at unsw.edu.au
Sun Jun 29 18:42:52 PDT 2003

Hello Nancy

At 01:02 28/06/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Anton!  I "extend" this invitation for you to submit a not-so-brief bio.
>Start with how your Irish great-great grandmother was
>sentenced to "death by hanging" for stealing 5 silk handkerchiefs in 1806,
>but ended up having her sentence commuted and being transported to
>New South Wales in 1808.
>"Turn Me Loose"
>:-)

Aargh - I knew I should have shut-up. A "proper" bio may be forthcoming
but, until then, let's make do with the following.

Like Oscar Wilde passing through Customs, I have nothing to declare but my
genius. I know everything there is to know about jazz, but I don't know
what I like   :-)

A clue to my tastes in jazz is given by the texts of my computer
screen-savers - "Oh, play that thing!" at home; "Let 'er roll!" at work

All the best
Anton