[Dixielandjazz] Music is Unfair.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 12:01:24 PDT 2003

You are 100% right Bob, in your understanding of what the review teaches. It is
indeed, the audience, and the distribution system within the music industry, that
count, not the critics. We must deal with it, whether unfair or not.

Those that take advantage of the huge pent up demand for good music by presenting
good music will succeed. This includes those of us who play OKOM. Perhaps our success
will not be on the scale of Ms. Norah Jones, but it will be far beyond what we are
now doing.

Whether they are same tempo, or same key, while important, is not as important as
whether the music connects to the audience, and you have a good agent to get
distribution.

Cheers,
Steve

PS. What do you mean, I don't qualify as young, sweet and pretty? Hey even at 69
years old, I've still got IT. ;-)