[Dixielandjazz] Bio Additions

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 11:46:11 PDT 2003

Hi List mates:

A lurker took me to task for not including currently active musicians
with whom I have played in my previous bio post. Oops sorry. All in OKOM
settings more than once, within the past 10 years.

Many lead their own bands. This list should give those who believe there
is little or no OKOM on the East Coast of the USA something to think
about. At the risk of boring you, here they are:

The Washington DC group including MacMcClaeb, (deceased) Jay Wachter,
Jim Reilly, Gif Blaylock, Gil Corella, Keeter Betts, Henning Hoehne,
Howard Kadison, Dick Glass, Al Straub, David Littlefield (once) and
others.

The Philadelphia area locals including: Steve DeBonnaventura, Al Smith,
Norm Burbank, Rocco Patieano, Al Harrison, George Rabbai, Pete Pepke and
Doug Finke (before they moved) Al Rae, Derf Nolde, Clarence Watson, Pete
Reichlin, Jim Parker, Doug Slick, Greg Wright, Richard Orr, Art Blatt,
Bill Noonan, Bob Butryn, Bob Gravenor, Bobby Quail, Lenny DeFranco, Dan
Tobias, DeWitt Kay, Franny Smith, Debbie Schreyer (before she moved),
Gerald Chavis,  Joe Gibilisco, John Breslin, John McLernan, John Weber,
Jon Williams, Tex Wyndham, Mike Galen, Norm Elliott, Pat Kennedy, Paul
Frederick, Ralph Clemson, Stan Slotter, Steve Moise, Sy Platt, Tim
Swarbrick, Bill Whited, Charlie Eshelman, George Hoffman, Bill Stumm,
Joe Laird, Rob Swanson, E. Shawn Qaisaunee, Tonino Montella, Al Karaam,
Phil Giordano, Jimmy Smith and others.

The New York, Northern New Jersey Group + Misscellaneous. including:
Randy Reinhart, John Erik Kellso, Alex Watkins (recently deceased),
Bruce
McNichols, Daryl Sherman, Ed Polcer, Joe Ascione, Art Vignola, Bobby
Levine (deceased),  Ray Mantilla, Dave Mohn, Tony DiNicola, Bobby Pring
(deceased) Bob Livey, Effie Resnick, Paul Squires (Dr. Palu), Paul
Hubbell, Ed Metz, Ed Conte and others.

Whew, all from memory, no Alzheimers yet, but am sure I left a bunch out
too. Apologies to those not mentioned.

Cheers,
Steve