[Dixielandjazz] Music is Unfair.

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 11:44:51 PDT 2003

Well, I guess you can't have it both ways, Steve.  You seem usually to say,
"Take the music to them, play what they want to hear and they'll love it and
you"  So, it's not
music critics or pro's who buy all those records your talking about.  Some on
this list
love the young woman's singing.  I can't figure that out.  I guess masses of
people are sick of rap, near rap, country, and whatever else it is that the
radio stations are pushing and they went big time for a sweet voice singing some
sweet music.  I got my copy of a CD by Nora that came in the mail from BMG
and I forgot to send it back.  Maybe others also did the same.  How do you
account for these sales?  Get in with the record clubs and get famous fast, I
guess.  Maybe it helps to be young, female, and have a sweet face and TV presence.
If I'm right, I don't think you would qualify on those scores.

I'm listening to some great stuff from Kermit Ruffins.  Where's his audience
and which radio stations care?  I love "Monday Night in New Orleans."

Best wishes,
boblynn
bobolink7736 at aol.com