[Dixielandjazz] Trumpets and evolution

James Butler jbutler6 at twcny.rr.com
Sun Jun 22 14:17:47 PDT 2003

IF YOU WANT A GUY WHO CAN REALLY PLAY IT ALL LISTEN TO SCOTT ROBINSON WHO
CAN GO FROM THE VANGUARD ORCHESTRA TO BIX! NEVER HEARD OF ARTURO SANDOVAL? I
COULD UNDERSTAND THAT IF SOMEONE SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT RYAN KISOR OR
GLENN DREWES BUT SANDOVAL IS A WORLD CLASS PLAYER NOT THAT THE OTHERS
MENTIONED AREN'T BUT ARE LESS WELL KNOWN. I SUPPOSE IF YOU ASKED MOST
"MODERN" PLAYERS THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT JON-ERIK KELSO OR RANDY
SANDKE. MAN IT'S ALWAYS EASY TO PUT PLAYERS DOWN JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T FIT
INTO SOMEONE'S BOX!

Jim Butler
Jazz Lover/Music Lover