[Dixielandjazz] Art Tatum Still King

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 11:56:14 PDT 2003

In a message dated 22/6/03 6:03:22, barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

<< Suggest you buy the CD "Trumpet Evolution" and hear why. Folks in
the UK cannot be that far behind the curve, or can they? >>

I have checked and this CD which appears to be on a label called Crescent
Moon has not been issued in the UK and in fact the label has no UK distribution
at all. The album has got a rave review on Allmusic.com but obviously none of
the Distribution companies on this side of the Atlantic have seen fit to
include Mr Sandoval's recordings in their catalogues. Also I have not seen it listed
by my main American supplier. According to the main British Record Industry
website the only Sandoval albums available all go back quite a number of years.
A full search of this site gave 19 hits (available CDs) for Sandoval
including compilations whereas a search for King Oliver threw up 59 hits, Wild Bill
Davison 35, Louis Armstrong 540 and Clifford Brown 34. Maybe this is why I have
never been asked for anything by Sandoval but Oliver continues to sell
regularly.

If I get the chance I will listen and maybe I can judge for myself.

Cheers,

Jerry
Norweich
U.K.