[Dixielandjazz] Re: Edinburgh Festival

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 14 20:17:17 PDT 2003

Dear Rob,
Regarding: > >The North Sea was entirely different.....<
I'll say!!
I did that in 1995 with the Hot Gossip Jazz Band for Oz.
We drove 7 hours out of our German tour to get there.
Played the gig. Listened to a young New Orleans 'hip' brass band, then drove
back to Germany.
Home by about 4.00am.
Not something I would do by choice, ever again.
Two of the young cats from New Orleans wanted to know how Australians knew how
to play their music so well.
Oh! Just remembered. Me mate Beryl Bryden sat in with us, sang and played her
miniature  washboard.
Then proceeded to advertise HER performance later that night.
But we still love the 'ole duck'.
Kind regards,
Bill.