[Dixielandjazz] EDINBURGH 1991

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sat Jun 14 19:28:30 PDT 2003

Dear Rob,

The Zenith from Sydney also played at Edinburgh in 1991, we did the gospel service in Princes Street Gardens, the Cotton Club, Festival Club, Spiegel Tent, various hotels including the Cafe Royal Bistro and a Spirit of Fife cruise on the Firth of Forth amongst other things.  Just for fun I hunted out the program.  Were you with the Henry Ford Community College Jazz Ensemble?  Appearing from America at that festival (with a few similar names for 2003) were:

Barney Kessel, Yank Lawson, Leon Redbone, The Rebirth Brass Band (Yes they were all young guys) from New Orleans, but playing a new more funky style jazz, Oliver Jones, Scott Hamilton, Marty Grosz, Kenny Davern, Jake Hanna, The Lighthouse all Stars, The Bob Margolin Band, Joe Pass, Jazz Incredibles (Jean Kittrell piano), New York Jazz,  plus from UK, Humphrey Lyttelton and his Band and the Zenith from Sydney.

Cheers
Tom Wood
Sydney-Zenith
zenith at ans.com.au