[Dixielandjazz] Re: Wow on WING...

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Mon Jun 9 13:00:33 PDT 2003

From: Bill Haesler <bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au>
>    I must be the only one on the DJML who could not down-load
>    the Wing sound clips from the site.

No, dear Bill, you are not alone, feeling deprived of Wing-ing it.

However, I did hear some priceless clips of Mrs. Foster Jenkins at:
<http://www.brumm.com/realaudio/alternative/Florence2.html>

Bill Gunter wrote : "Her wealthy husband, deeply in love with Florence,
catered to her every whim."

Reminds me of sitting with a musician friend, listening to a set in which
the wife of a well-respected musician sang a few tunes. Just before my
friend got up to leave the room (because the flat notes were screeching his
nerves like nails on a chalk board), he said:
"It goes to show you that love is not only blind, it's deaf, too."