[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bob Crosby Library

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 22:00:55 PDT 2003

> Edmetzsr at aol.com  wrote (polite snip)
>
> Dear Listmates,
>        During the past two weeks, I have taken delivery of a big band
> library, reviewed it in a fair amount of detail the nearly 5000 pages contained
> therein, sorted it all and then filed it all for easy access in the weeks and
> months ahead. I am pleased to report to all interested jazz loving parties that the
> "original" (1935 to 1942) Crosby library, in large measure, has been
> recovered and will be preserved. Included in the collection is the original
> arrangement of "Beale Street Blues" recorded on this day in 1935.

Hi Ed:

Man oh man, how excited you must be. Bravo on finding most of the originals. For those of us who
have heard the Bobcats within the past 10 years, under your leadership or that of the late Bobby
Levine, we can only think what a wonderful treat it will be to hear the Bobcats again with the
"originals".

Congratulations and good luck with your quest to find those missing parts.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone