[Dixielandjazz] wylie ave blues

r h r rhr261 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 12:39:34 PDT 2003

many thanks to Bill H and Anton for the speedy replies
to my questions. both were answered.

   1. same song
   2. it is the Pittsburgh Wylie Ave

   I am still curious about the different composer
credits and about what connection the Halfway House
Orch might have had to Pgh. I'm wondering if they
traveled much. I don't think so, but not sure. My
guess is that they took Martha Copeland's earlier
recording, and jazzed it up enough to claim it as
their own. If so, I wonder why they kept the title.

   If your band ever tires of Bourbon, Basin, Canal,
Beale (Blues not Mama), Burgundy, S Rampart, ... maybe
it's time for a new old street (avenue) song to get
into the mix. I'd like to see the only OKOM song named
for a Pittsburgh street get some play.

 Bob Rubin