[Dixielandjazz] Preserving Audio Collections - additional point

Rev M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 27 13:51:12 PDT 2003

> At a party recently I met a recently retired film Editor who said during a
> discussion about classic jazz that sound recordings on CD had an expected
> life of about 15 years.

I've heard pro and con on this question for over ten years now, and have
found that each side has consistently failed to prove its point.  In the
meantime, from a purely practical perspective CDs still win hands down,
with absolutely no guarantee of a mere 15-year lifespan,
--
Etc,

Rev M J "Mike" Logsdon, Deacon
http://www.naorc.org