[Dixielandjazz] Rogan and Kondrike Vs. Bad Jazz

HotJazzSync933 at aol.com HotJazzSync933 at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 00:55:44 PDT 2003

Donnie Rogan Here!

        Just thought I'd let you know about a friend of mine whos another
fine musician. He recently too joined the DJML and we feel very strongly about
our likes and dislikes in jazz. He reminded me as he did all of you that there
are some other no no's in jazz:
          -Drummers who play 4 beats to the bar should be penalized
                  Solution: Play 2 beats to the bar---thats real jazz
          -Drummers should use China Crash cymbals and "choke" or "spank"
them on                                                 the offbeats of solos
like Lu Watters' drummer did, dont play ride cymbals all the time
                    Solution: Join the Bill Dart Rehab Clinic
          -If you play bass and not tuba you should ask God for forgiveness
              Solution: Mooch onto an old guy who plays tuba, maybe when he
dies  you can get it

                These are just a few of my suggestions. I happen to feel as
does Andy Kondrike that these are bad habits that must be put to a halt! Adios
Amigos and until next time, eat those bologna sandwiches!
                                                                   -Don Rogan