[Dixielandjazz] Sad News To All----Retirement of The Dixieland Jazz Mail...

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 02:56:37 PDT 2003

Hi Bob:
I am saddened by your announcement. I hope that the recent uproar caused by
Don Rogan's posts and the replies didn't trigger your action.

Hopefully you will reconsider your decision, if not can someone else step
forward and become the list manager?

If we eliminate the occasional squabble and stupid remarks, on balance this
list has become a great source for sharing experiences and views about the
music we all love: Dixieland, trad, OKOM or whatever we choose to call it.

No book or cd insert can bring the depth of knowledge that has been shared by
the great musicians on this list.

People like yourself, Jim Beebe, Don Ingle, Steve Barbone, Tom Wiggins, Butch
Thompson, Burt Wilson, John Petters, John Broadie, Jim Kashishian and many
others have been there and kept OKOM alive in countless ways.

They have also shared their experience and wisdom with us. Surely some young
musicians and fans have been inspired by all this even though they have never
posted their gratitude on the mailing list.

I think stopping this list would be a sad day for us all.

Sincerely,
Art