[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bix Biderbecke Copycats...Ernie Carson???

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 23:54:06 PDT 2003

Hi:
Regarding Ernie Carson, I realize that it's unfair to characterize someone
without first hand knowledge.

Oftentimes a person can be misunderstood. Shyness can be interpreted as being
aloof and cantankerous behavior can really be the dissatisfaction of a
frustrated genius.

The episode Tommy Loy mentioned to me could have been an example of a "clash
of the titans" where 2 great talents do not mesh. I think we have all
experienced performance situations where things do not click and animosity takes
over...that is part of the human experience.

Also, life events can change our outlook and attitude towards others. I agree
that judging another person is a hazardous process and graciously retract my
remark about Ernie Carson.

Sincerely,
Art Wood