[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bix Biderbecke Copycats...Ernie Carson???

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 21:17:31 PDT 2003

Sorry last mail got sent too quickly.
Could this be Ernie Carson in disguise? He liked to offend everyone by making
blanket criticisms. Even though he is a cornetist, it wouldn't surprise me
that he would take on his own clan just to stir the pot.

I hate to admit it, but I sorta enjoyed his rantings...within the rancor
there were some kernels of truth...at least some debatable issues like amateur
musicians stepping on pro's toes.

PS. Tommy Loy once told me that Ernie Carson was a great cornetist, in spite
of being an a..hole.

Art Wood