[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bix Biderbecke Copycats...Ernie Carson???

Don Gumpert dongumpert at cox.net
Tue Jul 22 23:18:34 PDT 2003

If the phone calls happened in the 70s, it was not uncommon to receive calls
at odd hours from musicians all over the country!  The guys would get off
work, have a few drinks and start calling each other.  Now that so many of
them have gone "on the road", Don has missed the early morning
conversations.
You're correct, Ernie is a great cornet player.
Sandy Gumpert