[Dixielandjazz] RE: Not just cornet players but....

HotJazzSync933 at aol.com HotJazzSync933 at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 21:52:21 PDT 2003

                Bill Gunter reminded me of something:

    I personally do not like cornets when used incorrectly. I hate those guys
who try to copy other cornet players and only come out with shit. I dont mind
great cornet players like Wild Bill and Bix Beiderbecke, but none of those
copycats sound like Bix or Wild Bill, so DONT TRY!

    I happen to love flugelhorn. I play trumpet, flugelhorn and other stuff
and I love all that, and I do love cornets but for God sake play them well!

    I do not like valve trombones as much as regular trombones, but I'll
"okay" it. I love the soprano sax. I hate electric keyboards when they are used in
a good band cause they just sound like absoloute shit. I hate vocalists who
do bad impressions of Louie Armstrong, but if they do it well then we should
let them. Probably my favorite band in the world is Lu Watters' Yerba Buena Jazz
Band. There aren't many bands to my knowledge that try to reincarnate them
except for the Bay City Jazz Band but they do a decent job. I wish there were as
many people trying to copy Lu Watters as there are copying Bix and Wild Bill.

    If there is anything else I don't like please remind me and I'll write a
new post. Have a nice day!
                                    -DON ROGAN