[Dixielandjazz] Re: ASCAP

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 13:38:38 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/21/03 9:17:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
KenASlater at aol.com writes:

> >Therefore, the artist should be grateful that he/she is not charged extra
> >for the dedication of the SESAC employees in making sure that the artist
> >gets what is rightfully his or hers.
>

> >Did Al Capone ever try this one or was it invented by the newer fellows?
> >
> >Ciao.

Actually Ken:

Me thinks it was a joint effort partnership formed by the Teamsters/AFL-CIO
ASCAP/BMI and AL Capone and his company I believe are credited with forming the
first INSURANCE companies to further service these wonderful organizations to
PROTECT all of us.

Begrudgingly,

Tom Wiggins