[Dixielandjazz] Louis, Hello Dolly

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Fri Jul 18 23:14:48 PDT 2003

Hi Jim.  The quote attributed to me is unfamilir.  Check your source.  I
heard from Louis (after bassist's Wellman Braud's rosary the night before
Wellman's funeral - Oct. '66) that they were traveling and got mumerous
requests for Dolly.  Had to buy the recording (or music?) because they had
no idea what Hello Dolly sounded like.  Dick B