[Dixielandjazz] Leonard Feather

JackleeT at aol.com JackleeT at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 16:05:45 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/17/2003 11:31:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jazzboard at hotmail.com writes:

> I don't think Feather was despicable, but I do think he had an agenda to
> which he adhered throughout his journalistic life and, as a result, it led
> to a certain mean-spiritedness, shoddy scholarship and reportage.
>
> Respectfully submitted,
>
> Bill Gunter
> Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society

Bill: I respect your honesty, I thoroughly agree with your assessment of
Feather's reportage of the Sac Jubilee, and if I were to substitute "occasional"
for "certain" in your description of him, I would concur whole-heartedly with
it.

Jack Tracy