[Dixielandjazz] African-Americans in Jazz

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Mon Jul 21 14:40:15 PDT 2003

I think a question for today is "Why aren't there more black musicians
involved in any genre of jazz these days.  If jazz is "supposed" to be their
music (perhaps a presupposition of Leonard Feather) , why don't they take
better care of it?  Many of my favorite musicians are (or were) black.  But
there are very few playing jazz these days that I'm aware of who are young.
Dick