[Dixielandjazz] What's New

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 15 23:40:21 PDT 2003

Don said
> Re: What's New -- Louis was wonderful singing or playing. But for me, as a
> personal choice, when I want to hear What's New I turn to the original of
it
> with Billy Butterfield, with Crosby Band,  a song written to be played by
> him
Good choice Don. Its a great recordingm My regret is that when I did a
couple of Gigs with Billy he was really too ill to play and shoukd have
packed it in. Unlike Yank who in 1986 was blowing as strong as ever.
Re What's New, Bing's vrsion is pretty good too

John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com