[Dixielandjazz] What's New

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Jul 15 17:35:17 PDT 2003

Re: What's New -- Louis was wonderful singing or playing. But for me, as a
personal choice, when I want to hear What's New I turn to the original of it
with Billy Butterfield, with Crosby Band,  a song written to be played by
him. It still is my fav version, though many others have done it honor.
But it remains, for me, Billy's tune.
This in no way negate my ultimate respect for Louis'  touch to the heart
when he played. His was soul music long before it became a catch word for
other  black music.
Don Ingle