[Dixielandjazz] Prunes.

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 17:58:02 PDT 2003

Randy wrote:

>When we were hired for the Prune Festival, the woman who called said, "Now,
>don't laugh, but I represent the California Prune Festival,"
>I didn't and we had a good weekend in Lodi, its too bad that the festival
>is now defunct!
>
>later,
>Randy Fendrick

Actually the Prune Festival was in Yuba City and not Lodi. At Lodi you will
find the Grape festival and the Cell Block 7 has played that for years. The
big event there is the "Grape Stomp" where contestants stomp red grapes
furiously to see which team can stomp the most juice in the alloted time.
There is red juice flying everywhere so one best stand back away from the
action. The Cell Block 7 plays at this event and we play fast stuff like
"Tiger Rag" during the actual stomping.  Wow, what a production!

Trust me, this ought to be an olympic athletic event!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com