[Dixielandjazz] Making the list more readable

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Thu Jul 10 21:40:58 PDT 2003

Steve Hoog writes:

> One thing that would help lessen the tension for those who aren't
interested in some list banter:
> Take 5 additional seconds before you hit "SEND" and snip the original
message.  I get the digest, and get about 6 a day because of all the crap
that is being sent for the 6th and 7th time, often together, often the 6th
time in the very same digest.

Bob Ringwald adds:

Steve and Listmates,

For years we have been trying to get people to delete the superfluous or
unnecessary parts of a message that they are answering.

Some folks just won't do it.  It is so simple to do but some folks seem to
not want to take the extra 5 seconds to help everyone else out on the list.

One other thing that would sure help would be if, when replying to a
message, if the subject of the message has changed, change the subject line
or title of the message.

Sometimes a thread completely changes over a period of time, but the subject
line stays the same.  This makes it difficult for members who are possibly
busy and are skimming the subject lines.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com