[Dixielandjazz] Making the list more readable

Hoog, Steve Steve.Hoog at rockhurst.edu
Thu Jul 10 09:31:44 PDT 2003

One thing that would help lessen the tension for those who aren't interested in some list banter:

Take 5 additional seconds before you hit "SEND" and snip the original message.  I get the digest, and get about 6 a day because of all the crap that is being sent for the 6th and 7th time, often together, often the 6th time in the very same digest.

That's what would make me leave.  I don't care about some of the sidelight conversations at all, but since the digest has a nice index it's relatively easy to scroll past.  But, if I don't check my email for a few hours, suddenly I have 4 digests and a sizable jump in my mailbox volume.

It would help if everyone would just snip the dadgum quotes.
steve