[Dixielandjazz] Making the list more readable

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 11 01:47:28 PDT 2003

I belong to a list that is very strict on the quoting of previous posts.  If
your quote is deemed as too many sentences, your response will not get
posted because the moderator will not let your post go out to others.  I
think that is a bit harsh, but it sure keeps the mail streamlined.

Part of the reasoning behind it, a mom and pop internet service is hosting
the mail list, and the internet service pays for bandwidth, and additional
characters, if it goes beyond it's quota.  Got to thank them for the service
they provide, it keeps those of us with unlimited services a little bit more
aware of what we are doing.

Frankly, I don't like re-reading the same post over and over again,
especially if it's more than a paragraph or two.  It's the way I was taught
to respect the fellow readers of the mail list.

--
Snogpitch

snogpitch at prodigy.net
ICQ: 4989342