[Dixielandjazz] Carnegie Hall 1938 Goodman

Peter L. Reid bgofilt at impulse.net.au
Fri Jul 11 14:23:47 PDT 2003

At 10:36 PM 10/07/2003 +0100, John Petters wrote (in part):

>Let's not forget such killer dillers as Swingtime
>in the Rockies, Life Goes to a Party, Dizzy Spells and the classic Sing Sing
>Sing, where Jess changes the mood.

Let us not forget the, in my opinion, ultimate track on the double CD
"Honeysuckle Rose".
Peter L.

"We don't want you to go up the north Jack."
"No?"
"You work for us Jack."
"We have connections in those parts, I'd hate to see you screw 'em up."
"Some hard nuts operate up there Jack. They won't take kindly to someone
from London poking his bugle in."

Get Carter  (Mike Hodges:1971)