[Dixielandjazz] How many left?

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 8 22:11:33 PDT 2003

on 7/8/03 6:34 PM, glen page at gpage at direct.ca wrote:

> I will stand by in the expectation that those who do not abide by Peter's
> guidelines, subsequently reinforced by Bob Ringwald,  will take issue with
> this post. I hope Bob is watching.

   Well I, for one, hope he is, too;  and I want to encourage you, uh, oh
yes, Glen Page--to keep us all on track, to listen strictly to our
meanderings, snapping that buggy whip whenever we deserve it--as we all so
often do!  In fact, I don't know how we have endured this long without you!

   And I apologize succinctly to all those "newer readers who are trying to
find out more about OKOM"!  It must indeed be a trial of your patience to
endure such silly beside-the-point off-point nonsense as we Alzheimer-addled
"long term paticipants" carry on with, but please!  We jiss caint hep it!
Maybe we's jis gonna have to carry on without the "newer readers."

   But send me a tape or a CD, Glen, of you playing something.   I'll
listen.  Then I'll decide whether I should listen to your jive or tell you
where to shove it.  Glen Page, eh?  I think I can remember, old timer or
not.

long term participant,
Charlie Hooks