[Dixielandjazz] Does fun and joy belong on this list or is it "off topic?"

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Tue Jul 8 19:52:09 PDT 2003

I'm on the djml to have fun.  I love interesting information that can be
attained through this medium.  I also like to use my imagination as I did
when I created my Bix play for Ducks songlist.  As a performer and
entertainer, humor is almost as important as playing music.  I tried to
discontinue the duck thread about a week after I started it but it just
seemed to take on a life of its own.

The delete button works very well for those searching for serious threads
and not finding them.  I've been on the list long enough to remember the joy
Peter expressed with my Melodious Thunk creation on this list many years
ago.

If this list is restricted to a formal purpose where we cannot be free to
express unique and creative ideas that are not considered strictly
appropriate to this list, then the fun for me will cease and I will exit
from this list as I did in the past after reading endless hours of boreing
"on topic" discussions such as what OKOM means 10,000 times.

I consider many of you to be family at this point.  Mr. Gunter where are
your punch lines these days?
I miss them.

Or maybe I do have too much time on my hands, as it has been suggested.  I
guess I could use that time elsewhere.

"World famous for his anonymity"
             Dick Broadie
             PO Box 615