[Dixielandjazz] Happy Birthday USA

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jul 4 15:20:45 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/4/03 11:00:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
snogpitch at prodigy.net writes:

> That idiot is getting at least one to show up!  Should be several
> thousands attending, actually.
>
> One thing I just thought...isn't fireworks a Chinese deal?
>
> Snogpitch

Yep they sure are, and where did we get Hot Dogs and Hamburgers

Hot Damn we have finally got it!  The great melting pot, and DIVERSITY
reigns, but not without a but of ADVERSITY me thinks.

Perhaps some Band in Ohio should complain to the British Musicians Union
about taking American Musicians jobs especially on the Fourth of July.  Here, Here
my man, go to the concert and then write a scathing letter of complaint to
the Newspapers about this travesty.

I hope the Brit band is at least good, even if they don't play patriotic
American Songs, Now if they Play God Save the Queen they should be tarred and
feathered, that would certainly be rubbing salt in the wound.

Well, now I do recall back in the sixties when they had the second British
invasion with The Beatles and the Stones, Manfred Man, Dave Clark five and then
all the silly American rock bands started growing long hair and started
developing a British accent.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Me, I am trotting off with my grandson to the County Fair and hear a Real
Foreigner, A Black American Blues singer from Georgia, Chick Willis, he is a
little bit Country and a Whole lot Blues and a great Entertainer and 70 years
young but looks like he is thirty-five, those cowboy hats do make you look
younger.  I have him out in California for a couple of weeks doing festivals and
concerts.