[Dixielandjazz] "Music" question...

Dixieland Jazz dixielandjazz at myexcel.com
Wed Jan 29 06:20:06 PST 2003

Greetings, gang! I am putting together King Oliver's "Snake Rag" for our
group and am asking for some help verifying some notes. What are the notes
in the fifth and sixth measures? It's a descending, 'almost' completely
chromatic horn break that occurs several places throughout the verse. I
think I've got it but would like to hear from some cornet player or someone
who really knows exactly what the notes are. Traditional key of Eb. You can
give me concert pitches or cornet pitches. While you're at it, what are the
notes in the HARMONY part as well?  :-)

If you want to hear King Oliver's version and have REAL PLAYER, you can got
to RedHotJazz.com, scroll down to "Snake Rag", and check it out here:
http://www.redhotjazz.com/kingocjb.html

Thanks.

Dave
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band