[Dixielandjazz] Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 17 19:49:29 PST 2003

Phil O'Rourke wrote: (about Barbone's query:

> > Anybody got an input or suggestions as to how they play, or what songs
> > we might play opposite them? Or as to whether they will play N.O.
> > Marching or Funeral songs etc. We have no input as yet from the Festival
> > on song choices and think we should probably stick with stuff from the
> > Condon book and keep far away from our New Orleans repertoire. Thus
> > presenting a varied musical program for the attendees.
>
> Try buying one of their many CDs. One can only assume that is what they
> normally play.

True, but I was looking for first hand experience of how they perform and
what they play live. I should have made that clearer in my question.
Fortunately a couple of listmates answered with first hand experience of
playing opposite them, or seeing them in performance. Their input was very
helpful and much appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve