[Dixielandjazz] Article on our jazz club

Margaret Squires margeaux at inreach.com
Tue Jan 14 00:50:48 PST 2003

In Sunday's Modesto Bee there was a very nice article on our Modesto
Dixieland Jazz Society.  I hope this link works......

http://www.modbee.com/life/friendsfamily/story/5869409p-6833745c.html

If not, you can go to www.modbee.com and search on Dixie.  I think the
article will be there for the next few days.  (Right Dave?)

Dave (Livingston) and I play in a couple of groups with the reporter who
wrote this story.  His is a great story of the healing power of music.  He
hadn't played for years.  Then as a release from the awful stories he had to
cover as a reporter (one of the worst being Cary Stayner and the Yosemite
sightseers) he got back into playing.

It's nice to have a reporter from the local paper as a supporter of OKOM.

Margaret