[Dixielandjazz] Bob Zurke

lswain@penrose.com lswain@penrose.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:46:12 -0500

> Does anyone have any particular memories of pianist Bob Zurke

The human memory never ceases to amaze me.

Seeing the name Bob Zurke immediately brought to mind the piano piece
"Little Rock Getaway", which he performed but did not write (he wrote
others, however).

I learned that tune on the piano about 55 years ago, and have long
since unlearned it, and not thought about it at all until now.

For lots of material (I got about 379 hits) on Bob Zurke, go to

  http://www.google.com

and use the search term

  "Bob Zurke"

Use the quotation marks (") to assure that you get hits only on the
complete name, instead of on both Bob and Zurke.

Larry Swain

L. R. Swain
Penrose, Inc.
http://www.Penrose.com        (781) 871-1225