[Dixielandjazz] Here's a Twist on 1920s jazz.

David Richoux tubaman@batnet.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:39:09 -0800

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 10:59 AM, Stephen Barbone wrote:

> Jazzjerry@aol.com wrote:
>>

>> Thanks for the posting. I now know of somewhere else to avoid during
>> my
>> forthcoming trip to New York.
>

> PS, From a business point of view, I should think CDs by a group
> called "Sex
> Mob" should sell like grits, oops, I mean "bangers" in the UK. You
> might
> possibly cut a deal with them for an exclusive if you talk to them.
> ;-)

I think Sex Mob is already doing OK in the UK...  I have played Sex Mob
and many other related groups (mostly on the "non-OKOM" portion of my
radio show ) and I have found their versions of Ellington, Jelly Roll
Morton and other classic jazz standards to be fun and interesting
modernizations on the traditional form. True - they probably are not to
  "taste" for lot of people on this list, but they are at least doing
something to bring OKOM to a new audience.

Dave Richoux