[Dixielandjazz] Here's a Twist on 1920s jazz.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 13:59:13 -0500

Jazzjerry@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/1/03 3:32:48 PM, barbonestreet@earthlink.net writes:
>
> << With his quartet, Sex Mob, Mr. Bernstein has become famous around Tonic
> and the Knitting Factory for playing sets including covers of Duke
> Ellington, Nirvana, John Barry and even Wynton Marsalis. >>
>
> Steve,
>
> Thanks for the posting. I now know of somewhere else to avoid during my
> forthcoming trip to New York.

WHAT? First no Grits and now no Sex Mob?  Tell you what, come on down to
Philadelphia area and see/hear Barbone Street. You may not like us either,
but at least you'll experience some form of American culture. We're only 100
miles South of the Big Apple and really very friendly.

Cheers,
Steve

PS, From a business point of view, I should think CDs by a group called "Sex
Mob" should sell like grits, oops, I mean "bangers" in the UK. You  might
possibly cut a deal with them for an exclusive if you talk to them.  ;-)