[Dixielandjazz] Re: No instruments on dance floor, please!!!

D and R Hardie darnhard@ozemail.com.au
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:11:29 +1000

--------------33621660EA3121A564802469

Hi Nancy,
              What on earth would you do with a
viola da gamba at a dance do?
I think Bill might be right.

regards Dan Hardie

Check out the website at:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html

Nancy Giffin wrote:

> Thanks for the alert, Bill.
> I'm very sorry for the unintentionally
> unfriendly tone.
> I will again say that he had a right to be angry
> and blow up at me,
> and I will again point out that I referred to
> myself also as an idiot,
> along with the boyfriend, whom I realized after
> that incident was
> not my kind 'o guy after all. (Pity. It's so
> hard to find a dance partner.)
>
> This wouldn't be the first time that a listmate
> forgot to add smileys.
> I very humbly apologize for being both clumsy
> AND careless.
>
>      From: "Bill Haesler"
>      <bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
>      Dear David and Nancy,
>      Look out!
>      If I am right in interpreting Nancy's
>      description, the Aussie 'idiot' you
>      talk
>      about is a dear mate of mine.
>      And an active DJMLer.
>      Perhaps a few smileys would have been
>      in order, as the comments came over,
>      at
>      this end, as being very unfriendly.
>      However, I'll let him answer for
>      himself.
>      Kind regards,
>      Bill.
>

>      _

--------------33621660EA3121A564802469

<HTML>
<BODY TEXT="#000000" BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" LINK="#E10F18" VLINK="#F87AC4" ALINK="#FB5252">
Hi Nancy,
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
What on earth would you do with a viola da gamba at a dance do?
<BR>I think Bill might be right.

<P>regards Dan Hardie

<P>Check out the website at:
<BR><A HREF="http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html">http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html</A>

<P>Nancy Giffin wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;

<P>Thanks for the alert, Bill.
<BR>I'm very sorry for the unintentionally unfriendly tone.
<BR>I will again say that he had a right to be angry and blow up at me,
<BR>and I will again point out that I referred to myself also as an idiot,
<BR>along with the boyfriend, whom I realized after that incident was
<BR>not my kind 'o guy after all. (Pity. It's so hard to find a dance partner.)

<P>This wouldn't be the first time that a listmate forgot to add smileys.
<BR>I very humbly apologize for being both clumsy AND careless.
<BLOCKQUOTE>

<P><B>From: </B>"Bill Haesler" &lt;bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Dear David and Nancy,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Look out!</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>If I am right in interpreting Nancy's description, the
Aussie 'idiot' you talk</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>about is a dear mate of mine.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>And an active DJMLer.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Perhaps a few smileys would have been in order, as the
comments came over, at</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>this end, as being very unfriendly.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>However, I'll let him answer for himself.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Kind regards,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Bill.</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;

<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Dixielandjazz mailing list</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com</FONT>