[Dixielandjazz] Re: No instruments on dance floor, please!!!

David Palmquist davidpalmquist@dccnet.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:42:57 -0800

--=====================_19838188==_.ALT

I don't have an answer to the question, but here's a little info on the
instrument:
http://www.violadagamba.com/

In particular follow the Charlie Ogle link to his pictures of his
instruments.

David in Delta

At 17:11 04-01-03, D and R Hardie wrote:
>Hi Nancy,
>               What on earth would you do with a viola da gamba at a dance
> do?
>I think Bill might be right.
>
>regards Dan Hardie
>
>Check out the website at:
><http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html>http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html
>

>Nancy Giffin wrote:
>>

>>Thanks for the alert, Bill.
>>I'm very sorry for the unintentionally unfriendly tone.
>>I will again say that he had a right to be angry and blow up at me,
>>and I will again point out that I referred to myself also as an idiot,
>>along with the boyfriend, whom I realized after that incident was
>>not my kind 'o guy after all. (Pity. It's so hard to find a dance partner.)
>>
>>This wouldn't be the first time that a listmate forgot to add smileys.
>>I very humbly apologize for being both clumsy AND careless.
>>From: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
>>Dear David and Nancy,
>>Look out!
>>If I am right in interpreting Nancy's description, the Aussie 'idiot' you
>>talk
>>about is a dear mate of mine.
>>And an active DJMLer.
>>Perhaps a few smileys would have been in order, as the comments came
>>over, at
>>this end, as being very unfriendly.
>>However, I'll let him answer for himself.
>>Kind regards,
>>Bill.

--=====================_19838188==_.ALT

I don't have an answer to the question, but here's a little info on the
instrument:<br>
In particular follow the Charlie Ogle link to his pictures of his
instruments.&nbsp; <br><br>
David in Delta<br><br>
At 17:11 04-01-03, D and R Hardie wrote:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
What on earth would you do with a viola da gamba at a dance do? <br>
I think Bill might be right. <br><br>
regards Dan Hardie <br><br>
Check out the website at: <br>
Nancy Giffin wrote: <br>
Thanks for the alert, Bill. <br>
I'm very sorry for the unintentionally unfriendly tone. <br>
I will again say that he had a right to be angry and blow up at me, <br>
and I will again point out that I referred to myself also as an idiot, <br>
along with the boyfriend, whom I realized after that incident was <br>
not my kind 'o guy after all. (Pity. It's so hard to find a dance partner.) <br><br>
This wouldn't be the first time that a listmate forgot to add smileys. <br>
I very humbly apologize for being both clumsy AND careless.
<dl>
<dd>Bill.</font>